I’m often asked how I use mindset in relation to living a healthy lifestyle.
Here are 7 ways I keep my mind in shape, too!
1. If a negative thought comes into my mind, I replace it with this phrase:
Right now, I’m grateful for ___________, and I list everything that I’m grateful for at that time.
This changes the negative pattern immediately into a positive pattern.
2. If I have a fearful thought I say this phrase out loud or silently to myself: “I am safe, protected, and loved.”
I repeat this phrase until the fearful thought is replaced with a feeling of safety.
3. If I crave sugar or something fattening that I know is not good for my body, I ask myself
if I’m really hungry or if there’s an underlying emotion that’s causing the craving. If I’m genuinely hungry,
I have a teaspoon of honey and some blueberries, and remind myself that refined sugar is not good for my body, mind, and soul.
If there’s an emotion that’s causing the craving, I feel the emotion and give it attention, and then let it go.
4. If someone is in my life that I feel no longer works with my energy, I let that person go. I always ask myself
this question after spending time with someone: ‘How do I feel right now?” If the answer is “drained” or “negative” or “tired”
more than 3 times in a row, I let that person go from my life and say thank you for the lessons I learned from the relationship.
5. I remind myself to stay in the present moment and that suffering is caused from thinking about the future or living in the past.
6. I say what I mean and stay true to my word, not caring what people think of the decisions I make in my life.
7. I love myself and surround myself with other people who love themselves, too.
Keeping your mind in shape is just as important as keeping your body in shape. Observe your thoughts for one day.
Are there more negative thoughts than positive thoughts? If so, it’s time to get your mind in shape!
Have a question? Email Jody at email@example.com